How You Eat Mirrors How You Live
How do you know?
Well, when it comes to weight & health…we are all unique individuals and there are many ingredients that impact how we FEEL.
To name a few:
- Where you live
- Belief systems (epigenetics)
- Eating style (what you eat and don’t eat)
- Relationships (with other people, yourself and food)
- How you eat
- Time spent in nature
The important secret ingredient to health that not many people know about (or want to talk about) is HOW you eat. ‘How You Eat’...determines if your body will hold onto what you eat as fat or absorb it as nourishment.
Some examples of ‘How You Eat’:
- Eating fast or slow
- Doing a million things while you eat
- Nervous system in parasympathetic state so your body & mind is relaxed
- Body & mind in parasympathetic nervous system so your eating in fight or flight condition
- Eating really late
- Taking time to plate your food in playful way
- Eating because you have to vs eating for nourishment and enjoyment
- Eating in a way that activates your senses
The fascinating thing about how you eat is that it mirrors your habits of how you live your life.
Eating is a gateway to your soul. If you want to improve your relationship with yourself a wonderful place to start is unpacking how you eat.