2 cups nut milk or milk of choice (Coconut milk is often used)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 inch turmeric root (if you don’t have fresh you can increase powder up to ½-2 tsp to taste)
½ tsp cinnamon powder
2-3 black peppercorns
1 whole cardamom, slightly broken
2 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
1 Tbsp raw honey (or sweetener of choice)
1 Tbsp ginger juice or ½ inch fresh ginger
½ tsp pumpkin spice: OPTIONAL (not needed. I love the taste:-) or nutmeg & star anise are also fun ingredients to add)
- Double, triple or quadruple the recipe so you have enough to sip on for a few days.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring all of the ingredients except coconut oil or ghee and sweetener to a low simmer.
- Stir well and lower the heat to a low-medium, cover and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, depending on how strong you want the flavor of the spices.
- The longer you simmer, the stronger the taste.
- Turn off the heat and add coconut oil or ghee (if using) as well as your sweetener.Strain into your cup.
- Now you can savor every sip! Store extra in airtight container in refrigerator.