Irish/Sea Moss Gel
- 1 oz Dried Raw Irish Sea Moss (about 29 grams when weighed)
- 1-2 cups Alkaline or Spring Water, plus more for cleaning and soaking the sea moss
- Place the dried sea moss in a large bowl, cover it with water, and massage the sea moss. Be sure to remove any visible dirt and debris. Drain and repeat this step 1-2 more times.
- Place the sea moss in a large bowl and cover it with filtered or spring water. (do not use tap water) Make sure all the parts of the sea moss are covered. Allow the sea moss to soak for 24 hours. (at room temperature)
- Add the sea moss to a high-powered blender along with the water. Start with 1 cup of water and add more if necessary (no more than 2 cups total)
- Blend until it is smooth, about 1-3 minutes. Transfer the Sea Moss into an airtight container/mason jar, and refrigerate. The sea moss gel will thicken in the fridge after about 2 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoy 1-2 tablespoons a day in smoothies, tea, coffee, juices, soups, jams, puree’s, etc. I like to add to my Brazil Nut Mylk recipe to make it more creamy and mineralized.