16 ounces/ 1 pound Hulled sesame seeds
Neutral-flavored oil (olive, avocado, coconut or grape seed)
Pinch of Himalayan salt (optional) increases taste
- Toast the sesame seeds. (This step is optional, however, the flavor is so much better when you take the time to toast the seeds first.) Pour the seeds into a wide, dry saucepan over medium-low heat & stir constantly with a spatula until the seeds darken ever so slightly in color and become fragrant.
- Pour seeds into a large bowl and let them cool.
- Once the seeds are cooled, pour into a blender or food processor and blend until a crumbly paste begins to form.
- Add oil and process into a smooth cream. Start with 2 Tablespoons and add more until you have desired consistency. You will probably use around 3-4 Tbsp.
- While processing, make sure to stop a few times to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl or pitcher.
- Store in airtight container 1-3 months in refrigerator